The Start of the Season
We all know it, the unmistakable aroma of roast turkey, stuffing and homemade pies! The holiday season is slowly sneaking up on us and this month we celebrate Thanksgiving! Our beautiful dining rooms provide an atmosphere of warmth and friendship, especially during the holidays. The menu is all set for the fabulous feast that our culinary staff has in store for you this year! We look forward to making your day special.
- Roast turkey with sage dressing & gravy
- Roast loin of pork with sausage corn
- Bread stuffing and port wine demi glaze
- Seafood Newburg with a puff pastry shell
- Mashed potato, sweet potato, pearl onions
- Assorted mini muffins with sweet butter
- Cranberry sauce, butternut squash, green beans w/fresh sage, honey glazed carrots
- Mixed nuts, assorted pickles & olives
- Tomato bisque with basil chiffonade
- Spinach salad with cranberries, almonds, blue cheese and balsamic vinaigrette
- Pies: apple, pumpkin and chocolate cream
- Maple walnut ice cream
We Did It!
Several brave Schooner employees and residents were happy to participate in the worldwide challenge, the “ALS Ice Bucket Challenge”, a worthwhile cause which is helping to raise funds and awareness for Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Our residents did the pouring and employees were the receivers! We are incredibly grateful to everyone who was willing to stand up to ALS!
2014 Craft Fair Review
Our annual craft fair, held on October 18th, once again provided an exciting venue for Schooner residents and outside crafters to display their creative skills and crafty talents. The resident proceeds are added to the Camp Sunshine fund. Crafters tables lined the area, filled with beautifully displayed handcrafted items.
A special thank you goes to all who worked so hard, and contributed in any way to help make this day a success!
A Day Trip to Camp Sunshine
A group of our residents were excited to spend a morning at Camp Sunshine. Many give of their time throughout the year to raise scholarships for ill children and their families to attend this amazing camp.