SCHOONER CELEBRATES THE RED, WHITE & BLUE
Our 2nd barbecue of the season, “Americana Barbecue Buffet”, is scheduled for Wednesday, July 3rd, just in time for the upcoming holiday. Independence Day is a favorite of many, with it’s fun, festive atmosphere. In celebration of our theme, you will be sure to see many people donned in stars and stripes attire! Live music will be provided by local native Roger Renaud, on saxophone and in song. Rain or shine, the show will go on! As always, guests are welcome, tickets ($14.00 each) are available at the front desk. Hope to see you there! Below is our menu:
- Grilled chicken breasts with apple ancho barbecue sauce
- Steamed hot dogs on grilled rolls with assorted toppings
- Grilled flank steak Americana
- Mini sweet green Chile’s and corn bread loaves with sweet-butter
- Corn on the cobb with melted butter
- Mike’s barbecue baked beans with smoked pulled pork
- Fresh made cole slaw with apple cider vinaigrette
- Fresh sliced beefsteak tomato with chiffonaded basil and olive oil
- Rainbow tortellini Jardinière salad
- Red bliss potato salad
- Fresh sliced native cuke’s with cider vinegar, salt & pepper
- Fresh cut assorted fruit salad
- Fresh baked blueberry crisp with French vanilla ice cream
- Ice tea, lemonade, ice water and coffee
MONTH OF JUNE “GIVE BACK”
John Rice, our Director of Operations, delivered a $500.00 check to Paul Leonard, President of the board of directors for the Androscoggin Habitat for Humanity. Schooner Estates gave them a donation as part of their 25th Anniversary “Giving Back to the Community” Program.
BECAUSE WE CARE
Schooner Estates is happy to announce that we will soon be providing memory care as a new level of service in our newly renovated, second floor Castine studio apartments. A personalized service program will be designed to meet the unique needs and preferences of each individual. These services include personal care, medication management, reminders and life enrichment activities that are designed to stimulate interest, provide purpose and enhance quality of life for those who have memory impairment. Please stop by our Marketing office if you have any questions. We can help you determine whether memory care is right for your loved one and offer tips on choosing the best level of care needed.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Our winner for July 2013 Employee of the Month, is Chris Boivin. Chris is one of the hard workers in our Maintenance department. Whether it is carpentry, yard work, apartment updates or winter snow removal, he can do it! Chris goes out of his way to set a positive example of good customer service and tries to share kind words with everyone he encounters in his daily work. Congratulations Chris!
Download the July 2013 Schooner Flash Newsletter
(Click the images to view a larger version)