Here is what is happening through the month of November at Schooner Estates. Please click the links below to view/print the calendars.
(Click the image to view a larger version)
No transportation on Friday, November 29th “Black Friday”
Fri. Nov. 1st 1:15 p.m. – Sawyer Presents: “Mexico – The Bad The Great & The Ugly” by Bill Behrenbruch. For the traveler, a land of adventure, mystery and the unexpected. Please sign up.
Fri. Nov. 1st 2:30 p.m. – Join Mike Perry in the Tenants Harbor Room as he takes you on a slide show tour of the 2 Cape’s of Massachusetts.
Mon. Nov. 4th – Goodwill Collection today. Bring your unwanted clothing to the Tenants Harbor Room for collection. Please call the front desk if you need help with the pick up, ext. 100.
Tues. Nov. 5th 10:30 a.m. – Live music with Sandy Nisbet in the Village Green.
Tues. Nov. 5th 4:00 p.m. – Live, amazing piano music with Dave Stone. Castine Living Rm.
Tues. Nov. 5th 6:00 p.m. – Vicki Stuart from Central Maine Credit Union will be here to speak with you about an important issue “Seniors Scams & How to Prevent Them”. Friends & family invited. Tenants Harbor Rm.
Weds. Nov. 6th 10:45 a.m. – The Jubilee Singers are back! Enjoy their lively, entertaining music in the Village Green.
Weds. Nov. 6th 2:00 p.m. – Enjoy a short ride to Wallingford’s Orchard in Auburn. Cider, apples and donuts galore! Please sign up.
Thurs. Nov. 7th 2:00 p.m. – Library information talk. Learn what is available from our local Auburn library. In the Tenants Harbor Room.
Thurs. Nov. 7th 2:30 p.m. – Live country music with Barry Wood. In the Village Green.
Fri. Nov. 8th 9:45 a.m. – Lunch Out to “The Dolphin” in Harpswell. They close a week from tomorrow. Please sign up.
Mon. Nov. 11th 10:45 a.m. – Celebrate Veterans Day with a Veterans sing-a-long. VG.
Tues. Nov. 12th 2:00 p.m. – Come see a colorful viewing of Schooner pictures, taken during our recent day trips. Again on the 19th at 3:30 p.m. THR
Weds. Nov. 13th 9:00 a.m. – Shopping and lunch out to the Maine Mall & Christmas Tree Shop in South Portland. We’ll eat lunch at Wild Willy’s Burgers. Please sign up.
Weds. Nov. 13th 3:30 p.m. – A “Safe Strides” program, presented by Gentiva Health Care. A personal approach to balance problems. In the Village Green.
Thurs. Nov. 14th 2:30 p.m. – Phil House will be here, in the Castine Living Room to entertain all with a wonderful piano performance.
Thurs. Nov. 14th 5:30 p.m. – Lisa’s homemade turkey dinner stew with stuffing dumplings. Homemade biscuits with cranberry butter included. Drink and dessert sweets provided. $6.00. Please sign up. THR
Tues. Nov. 19th 2:30 p.m. – Your Tenant Council meets today, hope to see you there! Vote for officers today. In the Tenants Harbor Room.
Weds. Nov. 20th 8:45 a.m. – Sign up for a shuttle ride to the Oxford Casino. Hope you come back a winner! Back home by 11:45 – 2 hours at Casino.
Weds. Nov. 20th 5:00 p.m. – Pizza is on the menu for supper this evening. We will be ordering from George’s Pizza. $5.00 will include pizza, a drink, chips and a cookie. In the Tenants Harbor Room.
Thurs. Nov. 21st 2:30 p.m. – Live music with Claire Emerson. In the Village Green.
Thurs. Nov. 21st 3:00 p.m.- All are welcome to attend our New Tenant Reception. Meet the new folks who have moved in within the past several months. Cake and refreshments served. Tenants Harbor Rm.
Mon. Nov. 25th 10:30 a.m. – During the upcoming holiday season of 2013, Kora Temple will hold its 8th Annual FEZtival of Trees. Sign up for a shuttle ride to see the beautiful trees and decorations. A silent auction and craft show. $2.00 admission.
Weds. Nov. 27th 11:15 a.m. – Lunch out today to the popular local Chinese place, Wei Lei in Auburn. Please sign up.
Weds. Nov. 27th 4:00 p.m. – Stop by the Tenants Harbor Room for a “Beer Tasting” event. Several different selected types of beer will be available for your tasting pleasure. $5.00 donation to the Camp Sunshine Fund. Please sign up.
Here is what is happening through the month of October at Schooner Estates. Please click the links below to view/print the calenders.
- Tues. Oct. 1st 10:30 a.m. Live music with Sandy Nisbet in the Village Green.
- Tues. Oct. 1st 2:00 p.m. Join Mark in the Tenants Harbor Room on a photo slide show journey of our recent trip to Bar Harbor.
- Weds. Oct. 2nd 9:00 a.m. Sign up for a shuttle ride to beautiful Rangeley. We’ll do some sight seeing and view the Fall foliage. Lunch at the Red Onion. A yearly highlight trip.
- Thurs. Oct. 3rd 2:30 p.m. Live country music with Barry Wood. Village Green.
- Thurs. Oct. 3rd 6:15 p.m. Live gospel music with The Dunneman’s. Village Green.
- Fri. Oct. 4th 1:15 p.m. Sawyer Presents: “Blazing Paddles” by Gary Warriner.Discover the scenic grandeur of rivers across America. Please sign up.
- Sat. Oct. 5th 2:30 p.m. An exciting event you won’t want to miss – A Fashion Show – featuring styles from Christopher and Banks. Refreshments and door prizes. Please sign up so that we may prepare for adequate seating . In the Village Green.
- Tues. Oct. 8th 6:00 p.m. Dr. Thomas Hattan, Medical Director for Gentiva Home Health Services, will be here for part II of his lecture series. “Memory Care Management” will be today’s topic of discussion. Important information for everyone. Family and friends are welcome. Please RSVP. Tenants Harbor Room.
- Weds. Oct. 9th 9:00 a.m. Sign up for a ride to the Animal Farm in Gray. We’ll have lunch at Cole Farms Restaurant after, at around 11:30. Please sign up.
- Weds. Oct. 9th 4:00 p.m. Live piano music with Phil House. In the Camden Living Room.
- Thurs. Oct. 10th 2:30 p.m. Live music with Thomas Bergier. In the Village Green.
- Fri. Oct. 11th 9:00 a.m. Sign up for the short ride to Wallingford’s Apple Orchard. Browse their store, they have delicious cider and donuts!
- Tues. Oct. 15th 2:30 p.m. Your Tenant Council meets today. Tenants Harbor Room.
- Weds. Oct. 16th 8:00 a.m. Sign up for a ride to Mechanic Falls – we’ll have breakfast at Lisa’s Restaurant. The food is delicious!
- Weds. Oct. 16th 1-4 p.m. As part of our October “Employee Appreciation Month” of special events – test your skills in several “Games of Fun”. VG
- Thurs. Oct. 17th 2:30 p.m. Live music with Lorna Jollymore. In the Castine Living Room.
- Thurs. Oct. 17th 5:00 p.m. Take out night! Lobster rolls from Mac’s Seafood. Get a cup of fish chowder and a lobster roll for $10.00. RSVP by 10/15. In the Tenants Harbor Room.
- Fri. Oct. 18th 1:15 p.m. Sawyer Presents: Songs performed by Bryce Libby. He has performed in musical theater for several years. Accompanied by Phil House on piano. Please sign up.
- Fri. Oct. 18th 3:00 p.m. It’s Mrs. Drinkwater at her finest: Josie Drinkwater delights audiences with her original style of Italian-American humor. This must-see monologue showcases the irascible, sometimes irrational but always funny, Josie Drinkwater. You don’t have to be Italian to share in the fun. In the Village Green.
- Sat. Oct. 19th 10-2 p.m. Our annual Craft Fair will be held today in the Village Green. Stop by and browse the tables filled with hand crafted items. A great opportunity for early holiday shopping.
- Mon. Oct. 21st 2:15 p.m. “Readers Theater” is back. A comedic presentation of a written work done in a script form. Come watch the actors as they perform. Tenants Harbor Room.
- Weds. Oct. 23rd 11:00 a.m. Lunch out to Davinci’s Italian Restaurant in Lewiston. RSVP
- Weds. Oct. 23rd 3:00 p.m. All are invited to our annual Staff Appreciation ceremony. VG
- Thurs. Oct. 24th 1-3 p.m. We’ll be having our flu shot clinic today in the Castine Living Room. Pre-sign up required.
- Thurs. Oct. 24th 4:00 p.m. Live music performed by Doug Protsik. Returning by popular demand, a variety of folk music instruments and music by a talented man. In the Village Green.
- Tues. Oct. 29th 6:15 p.m. Live music with Kevin Farley, the Irish music performer. VG
- Weds. Oct. 30th 4:00 p.m. Dinner out to the Olive Garden in Augusta. Please sign up.
- Thurs. Oct. 31st 2:30 p.m. It’s Halloween! Dress up and come be part of our “Parade of Costumes”, through the Village Green.
(Click the image to view a larger version)